Relieve Wrist Joint Pain
Carpal Tunnel is a debilitating joint disorder similar to arthritis, which limits many people from using their hands on a daily basis. Performing simple tasks like typing, playing the piano, turning a door knob, or swinging a golf club, can become increasingly difficult and very painful. If your sleep is being interrupted at night by pain and aching in your wrists, this can lead to other health issues that limit your ability to function properly during working hours. You need to contact Fort Worth chiropractor Dr. Noorani at Beach Pain Center & Rehabilitation immediately to seek help before your pain gets worse.
Carpal tunnel symptoms typically start with gradual aching or throbbing in the wrist area. Eventually you may start to feel occasional numbness or tingling in your fingers or hand, often occurring when holding a phone, grasping a golf club, or immediately when waking up in the morning. It’s easy to mistakenly believe your hand has fallen asleep but no matter how much you shake your hands to get back feeling, the pain you may feel won’t go away. Without proper treatment the numbing feeling will continue and may become constant.
Chiropractic & Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Consistent rehab therapy for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) requires daily stretching and therapeutic massage, combined with rest. Our practitioners offer a regimen of:
- Joint mobilization therapy and advanced massage techniques for the forearm and wrist.
- Stretching and Strengthening to improve the bio-mechanics of the ligaments and joints.
- Ergonomic and Postural training for repetitive motion using your hands.
- Prescribed wrist brace wrap to keep wrist in a fixed position.
Rehabilitating Carpal Tunnel:
- Ultrasound to improve blood flow helping apply medication through the skin
- Electric stimulation to decrease swelling, inflammation and pain.
- Ice compress to decrease inflammation at the carpal tunnel.
The thought of losing the use of your hands can be devastating, knowing how much you’ve come to depend on from your hands. The nerves, muscles, and joints in our body are all intricately woven, any imbalance can lead to problems that you don’t want to face. Don’t take any chances, contact our office today if you feel you have any of the symptoms we’ve described.
Beach Pain Center, 817-831-3388 offers complimentary consultations and we’ll be happy to visit with you about any questions or concerns.